RO5DX RO Water Filter Review
5 Stage Home Drinking Reverse Osmosis System (RO5DX) Review
Express Water Systems
Criteria for a good RO filter
Overview of a Reverse Osmosis Filter
RO5DX Water Filter Features
To start off, with dimensions of 16.2 x 18.8 x 18.1 inches and weighing 30 pounds, the filter is similar in size and weight to its other competitors. The RO5DX also has a huge 4.4 gallon storage tank, which is slightly bigger than the competitors. It also has a flow restrictor to regulate the pressure of water pumped to the membrane to the range of 45-75 psi. It can modulate the pressure to give optimum results. The reverse osmosis filter utilizes 5 stages in the filtration process. Let’s have a look at each stage,
- Stage 1: First, the water passes through a 5-micron melt-blown polypropylene sediment filter which is responsible for removing the largest and some of the fine particles in the water. These particles include sand, silt, dirt and rust particles which spoil the taste of water if not removed. They can also cause clogging of the next filters and membranes if not removed. As you can see, this filter is very important in maintaining a long life of the membrane.
- Stage 2: Granular Activated Carbon (GAC) filters remove chlorine, odors, and also the numerous organic compounds.
- Stage 3: Another carbon filter is used in this stage. This time a 5-micron fine coconut shell carbon filter is used to get rid of the remaining chlorine, odors, taste, and other chemicals.
- Stage 4: This stage is considered the heart of the water purifier, the thin film membrane, where reverse osmosis takes place. Water coming out of this filter is 99% free of bacteria, viruses and chemicals. Obviously, this is the most critical stage in the entire process.
- Stage 5: The final stage of the process is an inline Granular Carbon filter where the last few remaining traces of any of the odors and tastes are removed.
Pros & Cons
The RO5DX has quite a lot of advantages, but it also has some cons against it. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons,
- The filter does not need electricity to operate.
- The most important thing of any device is that it should be easy to assemble and install. The Express RO5DX RO water filter comes with an easy to understand instruction manual which makes the installation process easy and fast.
- It has a valve to automatically shut it off when the tank fills to two-third its capacity, so there is no danger of overflow from storage tank.
- It has extra filters included free of cost.
- Excellent customer service ensures prompt response if troubleshooting is required.
- 5 Stage Water Filter.
- Great price. Great value for the money.
- The 1/2-inch slip joint adapter included is not particularly useful, and it would be better to include a 3/8-inch adapter instead. This means an adapter may be needed during the installation.
- 5 stages means more filters to change/replace.
First and foremost, the Express water RO water purifier is without a doubt an amazing device for a very reasonable price. Consisting of five stages, it extensively removes the impurities found in untreated water such as dust, sand, silt, fluorides, chlorides and other harmful chemicals to give us safe, clean and odorless water.
It’s easy to install, use, and comes with excellent customer service. Although we’re disappointed with the incompatible adapter, this isn’t too much of a concern and in no way hampers the function of the water filter. In conclusion, with all these advantages, great features, and costing less than two hundred bucks, it definitely wins our best value designation.